May 09, 2017
Dell EMC Announces IT Transformation REALIZED Award Winners
Awards recognize exclusive group of companies achieving exceptional business results
- Dell EMC honors six winners of IT Transformation REALIZED awards
- Recognizes standouts in modernizing the infrastructure, automating service delivery, and transforming operating models and organizational relationships
- Winners are AIG, CITI, Columbia Sportswear Company, Express Scripts, Jaguar Land Rover and Molina Healthcare
DELL EMC WORLD 2017, LAS VEGAS - May 09, 2017 -
Dell EMC announces the winners of the 2017 IT Transformation REALIZED awards. The awards recognize the top echelon of forward-thinking customers using key Dell EMC technologies and services to drive IT Transformation and accelerate their digital future. A senior panel of Dell EMC leaders reviewed all nominations against a range of criteria, including the impact of IT Transformation upon three key pillars - modernize, automate and transform - and their impact on the business. Winners were deemed among their respective industry's best in modernizing infrastructure, automating service delivery, and transforming operating models and organizational relationships.
According to the 2017 IT Transformation Maturity Curve study, a recent survey from analyst firm Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) commissioned by Dell EMC, the majority (71%) of the 1,000 participating organizations agree that IT Transformation is essential to ongoing business viability.
Today's award recipients are standout examples of companies having great success along this journey.
And the winners are...
- AIG (accepted by Vince DiFiglia, senior vice president/global head of Workplace and End-User Services, and Chris Gates, global head of Compute Hosting Services). AIG has successfully implemented key transformational technology projects that enable its employees to better serve AIG customers. The Workplace Services organization partnered with Dell to co-build a front-end user self-service platform for deploying desktops, virtual machines and applications in minutes, increasing user satisfaction as well as lowering overall cost. In addition, AIG partnered with Dell EMC and VMware to build out the first AIG Software Defined Data Center platform for self-service, automation and orchestration of the AIG foundation for data center cloud. AIG went from zero to platform in 10 weeks with Pivotal Dojo Services and Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform, leveraging DevOps continuous delivery methods for application transformation of a business critical application in a growth market for AIG.
- CITI (accepted by Dan Maslowski, Global Engineering Head, Citi Storage). CITI continuously looks for opportunities to improve its business agility and operational efficiency by reducing operational expenses, including storage costs. The company uses a variety of storage technologies, and Dell EMC ScaleIO has been effective in helping CITI embrace the modern data center revolution.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (accepted by Mike Hirt, chief information officer). Columbia modernized its infrastructure to be on the cutting edge and prepare for initiatives around hybrid cloud, data analytics, social and mobile. By working with Dell EMC and VMware to modernize its infrastructure and automate service delivery, Columbia Sportswear is transforming its organization in terms of IT roles and processes. Columbia Sportswear deployed VMAX All Flash arrays to bring the speed and resiliency needed to enable business growth. By automating service delivery, Columbia has become its business partners' IT service provider of choice, because it understands each team's unique needs, cost parameters and performance requirements. This helps them support new transformational initiatives and to continue winning in the marketplace.
- Express Scripts (accepted by Brian Gregory, director of IT - Cloud Strategy & Engineering). With Dell Technologies and its entire family of brands (Dell, Dell EMC, VMware, Pivotal, Virtustream, RSA and Secureworks), Express Scripts can accelerate its ability to change the future of healthcare, making medicine more affordable and accessible, and enabling programs that drive greater client value and improved patient care. Express Scripts is transforming its delivery of IT services by deploying its cloud on Dell EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud built on VxBlock, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and VMware vRealize Suite with vCloud Air. The company also is leveraging Pivotal Labs to transform how it develops and deploys applications and has patterned its labs on Pivotal's format. Dell EMC Services helped Express Scripts build a roadmap for IT Transformation, create new IT operating model roles and processes for service lifecycle management, and implement financial management for IT service costing.
- Jaguar Land Rover (accepted by Simon Bolton, chief information officer). Jaguar Land Rover created the world's first, live cross-continent virtual reality reveal experience together with HTC, Dell, and creative agencies ReWind and Imagination. Using HTC VIVE and Dell Precision R7910 workstations with NVIDIA M60 graphics cards, Jaguar Land Rover's project transported the audience into a unique virtual world to explore the Jaguar I-PACE Concept Car, their first all-electric SUV. Jaguar Land Rover chose Dell Precision workstations and Dell EMC servers to give their personnel the tools they needed for the project, which were also simple to maintain and compact enough for small local data centers. Jaguar Land Rover worked closely with Dell Configuration Services and Dell EMC OEM Solutions to ensure the workstations and graphics cards left the Dell EMC factory fully configured and validated for rapid deployment.
- Molina Healthcare (accepted by Ben Gordon, vice president of Infrastructure Services). With growing enrollment and high call volumes, Molina Healthcare needed a reliable infrastructure with capacity to scale to meet business needs. To modernize its organization, Molina Healthcare deployed a new dedicated converged infrastructure built on Vblock 740 and VMAX All Flash storage. Dell EMC Services helped the organization consolidate its core call center and claims processing applications onto a single platform and planned and executed the migration. Molina was able to take full advantage of the new platform technology to segment and isolate workloads and apply modern analytics for IT operations. By working with Dell EMC, Molina realized a 60% reduction in data center floor space and energy required to support the application environments, 99.999% uptime on mission-critical telco environments and a 300% increase in total phone capacity.
Dell executive quote:
Jeremy Burton, chief marketing officer, Dell Technologies
"These awards might just be my favorite part of Dell EMC World. They spotlight an elite group of companies achieving exceptional IT and digital business transformations. These bold leaders have clear vision, tenacity and are transforming the seemingly impossible into reality. Dell EMC is honored to partner with these leaders, recognize their accomplishments and collaborate with them as they continue their journey."
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data centers using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries - including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 - with the industry's most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
Dell EMC World
Dell EMC World 2017, May 8-11, is Dell Technologies' flagship event, bringing together technology and business professionals to network, share ideas and help co-create a better future. Learn more at www.dellemcworld.com and follow#DellEMCWorld on Twitter.
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.