- Virtustream now one of the select few premier strategic providers of cloud infrastructure services for SAP HANA® Enterprise Cloud
- New EMC Federation integrated solutions and offerings deliver advancements across key hybrid cloud focus areas: business continuity and disaster recovery, object storage services, hyper-converged infrastructure and end user computing
- New “Federation Ready” credential program formed for partners who can sell, consult, implement and deploy the EMC Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud solution
- New customers demonstrate the strength, unmatched breadth and momentum of EMC Federation hybrid cloud portfolio
- Virtustream to announce plans, which will include leveraging other EMC Federation capabilities, in Q4.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - August 31, 2015 -
The EMC Federation, including the newly acquired Virtustream, today announced new innovations, partner programs and customers across its Hybrid Cloud portfolio. The EMC Federation provides customers with the industry’s most complete Hybrid Cloud portfolio, able to support all workloads and all cloud models –private, public and managed clouds. Through a common platform, customers are now able to manage multiple clouds and multiple cloud service providers as one logical cloud with the distinction between on premises and off premises being eliminated.
Virtustream Expands SAP Partnership
Virtustream helps enterprises around the world migrate, run and manage their I/O-intensive, mission-critical applications in the cloud. Its cloud credentials in support of SAP® solutions are outstanding in the industry, having deployed in production environments more than 200 SAP solutions and one of the first implementations of the SAP Business Suite 4 SAP HANA® (SAP S/4HANA) in the cloud. Today Virtustream announced that it is now one of a select few premier strategic providers of cloud infrastructure services for SAP business-critical applications in SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud. (See separate release)
Virtustream forms the foundation of the EMC Federation’s new managed cloud services business, led by chief executive officer Rodney Rogers. Virtustream will announce its plans, which will include leveraging other EMC Federation capabilities, in Q4.
Leading Hybrid Cloud Innovations
The Federation cloud portfolio is unparalleled in the industry, spanning private, managed, and public cloud. The EMC Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud solution delivers a private cloud with on ramps to public cloud services; Virtustream excels as a managed cloud service for mission-critical applications; and VMware vCloud® Air™ specializes as a public cloud offering. While quite distinct today, looking forward, many of the underlying technologies from these offerings will be integrated. For example, VMware hybrid networking capabilities will be integrated into future versions of the Virtustream® xStream® Cloud Management Platform.
Today’s announcements detail new capabilities across the Federation:
- VMware has enhanced its vCloud Air Disaster Recovery Services. Disaster Recovery OnDemand™ will add a pay-for-what-you-consume pricing option, and Site Recovery Manager Air™ is a new software-as-a-service offering that will provide a comprehensive management solution for designing, testing, executing and orchestrating centralized business continuity and disaster recovery plans. (See separate release)
- VMware vCloud Air Object Storage™, powered by EMC, is a portfolio of highly scalable, reliable and cost effective storage services for unstructured data, and will be integrated into VMware vCloud Air OnDemand Platform. (See separate release)
- A preview of updates to the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution, featuring best-in-class technologies from EMC Federation companies including the ability to get started with modern application development through Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Also announced today are a new “Federation Ready” partner credential program and a new Federation End-User Computing Solution aimed at driving the complexity out of deploying and maintaining Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI). (See separate release)
- VCE® has expanded VxRack®, its innovative hyper-converged rackscale System, with a new offering based on VMware software. This new persona of VxRack enables IT organizations to quickly and cost effectively deploy Hybrid Cloud infrastructure based on a VMware software-defined architecture. (See separate release, which will be available at 10:00 AM PT)
New EMC Federation customer agreements announced today demonstrate the strength and breadth of EMC Federation hybrid cloud:
New Hybrid Cloud CustomersUniversity of North Texas
The University of North Texas System provides rich and expansive IT services for more than 41,000 students and 5000 faculty/staff. Prior to the EMC Federation Hybrid Cloud solution, which University of North Texas System implemented in just 28 days, these services were siloed, expensive, and inefficient. Now when clients request services, they come through a self-service portal. University of North Texas System plans to save significant resources and money in every corner of the IT service set, freeing them up for more strategic projectsNational Physician Services
National Physician Services (NPS) efforts to extend its business nationwide were hampered because existing IT infrastructure could not scale with the company’s rapid growth. VMware vCloud Air addressed these issues by delivering public cloud services in multiple locations without increasing staff. Using VMware vCloud Air's disaster recovery features, NPS also mirrors customer information to a second data center, reducing recovery time by 75 percent. Physicians now have greater confidence in the availability of their clinical applications and patient data and NPS can focus IT on improving company profitability and enhancing patient care.
New Federation go to Market Team
Many of the world’s largest companies are under pressure to transform and offer new digital experiences and business models. To achieve this transformation IT must also transform. IT must become more efficient and more agile while continuing to deliver service levels the business expects. Across its portfolio of companies, the EMC Federation uniquely addresses these challenges.
To provide a seamless interface to customers beginning their transformation the EMC Federation has introduced a new go to market team. The team comprises a highly specialized collection of experts from across the EMC Federation to provide dedicated support to the most strategic EMC Federation customers on their Digital Transformation and Hybrid Cloud journey.
About EMC Federation
EMC Corporation comprises a unique federation of strategically aligned businesses, focused on delivering best-in-class technology and services to help customers transform their business and IT for the digital era. The EMC Federation businesses — EMC Information Infrastructure, Pivotal, RSA, VCE, Virtustream and VMware — each are focused to market and deliver offerings individually or collectively through integrated solutions, providing customers with choice without lock-in. Additional information about the EMC Federation can be found at http://www.emcfederation.com/.
About EMC Information Infrastructure
EMC Information Infrastructure is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
Virtustream is the enterprise-class cloud software and service provider trusted by enterprises worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream's xStream™ cloud management platform (CMP) software and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meet the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud — whether private, public or hybrid. The company is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, London, Geneva, Walldorf, and Dubai and software development centers in Kaunas, Lithuania, and Pune, India. Virtustream owns and operates data centers in the U.S. and Europe with service provider partner data centers in Latin America, the Middle East and Asia.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2014 revenues of $6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. Virtustream and xStream are registered trademarks or trademarks of Virtustream, Inc. in the United States and other countries. VCE and VxRack are registered trademarks or trademarks of VCE Company LLC. VMware, vCloud, vCloud Air and Disaster Recovery OnDemand are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective organizations. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
SAP, SAP HANA and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices.
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.