- EMC® introduces Project Horizon™, multi-tenant platform to redefine content management for the digital enterprise
- Project Horizon, built upon Pivotal CF, the leading enterprise PaaS powered by Cloud Foundry, will offer choice of Cloud deployments
- Vision includes content-centric Modules or “Tiles” to create independently consumable capabilities which can be used standalone or integrated into solutions
- Bridge enables existing solutions, Documentum® Capital Projects Express and Documentum for Life Sciences Solutions Suite, to run on Project Horizon
MOMENTUM at EMC WORLD, LAS VEGAS - May 04, 2015 -
At MOMENTUM, EMC World 2015, EMC (NYSE:EMC) today announced a multi-year vision and new product offerings related to the future of content management. As part of this vision, EMCs Enterprise Content Division announced “Project Horizon” – a next-generation content platform and apps marketplace – to help CIOs and enterprises drive their digital agenda, strengthen their competitive advantage, and harness the untapped value of business content. The Project Horizon marketplace will be curated by EMC, including both EMC-built and partner-built apps and solutions. In addition, EMC announced its latest offerings of Documentum Capital Projects Express and Documentum Life Sciences Solutions Suite will also be available on Project Horizon.
Content.Next – Reimagining the Role of Content in the Digital Enterprise
Project Horizon, built upon Pivotal CF, the leading enterprise PaaS powered by Cloud Foundry, enables all digital content flows for the digital enterprise. It brings a unique approach with a mobile-first, cloud-first mindset delivering a next-generation, multi-tenant content platform. Customers can now embrace the freedom to innovate and consume based on content-specific use cases – all while delivering new levels of agility, user experience and productivity by harnessing data and analytics to automate mundane tasks, and to provide predictive insights.
Project Horizon Highlights:
- Agile Foundation: Multi-tenant foundation offered as shared services platform for building cloud native applications.
- Bridge to Future: Allows existing current-generation Documentum, solutions based on D2 and xCP™ to be hosted on Project Horizon, enabling customers to advance their digital journey while continuing to access its UI and platform services. New solutions to be hosted on Project Horizon include Documentum Capital Projects Express and Documentum Life Sciences Solutions Suite 4.0.
- Modular Architecture & Out-of-the-Box Value: Built with a microservices-based architecture, Project Horizon is DevOps and Agile ready. The architecture supports continuous integration and deployment thereby enabling a cycle of innovation of days or weeks rather than months or even years. Each of these Modules or “Tiles” will also have an out-of-the-box app and the ability to embed that app to build solutions by assembling these modular blocks of functionalities. This enhances time to value and allows customers to use what they need and pay only for what they use.
- Co-Innovation Program – A new innovation program specifically designed to engage customers from early development cycle through rapid visual prototyping. The program’s unique approach involves partners and customers working with EMC teams to build Project Horizon Tiles.
Defining Ecosystems, Redefining Solutions
Additionally, EMC announced Documentum Life Sciences Solutions Suite 4.0, and Documentum Capital Projects Express will be hosted on Project Horizon. The company is also announced a partnership with NNIT, an international IT service provider for regulated industries, to host the Documentum Life Sciences Solutions Suite in its GxP cloud offering. NNIT will act as a consulting and Cloud services partner for EMC serving the Life Sciences industry in EMEA.
Raj Baxi, Manager, Enterprise Content Management, Merck
“The Life Science business model is continually changing thus requiring content management technologies and solutions to evolve accordingly such that they continue to deliver business value. There’s a digital mindset enterprises need to embrace especially as Enterprise Content Management (ECM) continues to evolve. Merck understands the commitment that EMC has in the Life Science space which provides a strong foundation and pathway to meet these current and future challenges.”
Melissa Webster, Program Vice President, Content and Digital Media Technologies, IDC
"Component- and cloud-based architectures offer enterprises significant benefits in time to market, economies of scale and business agility. At the same time, customers need a path to the future that lets them leverage and extend their existing investments. We are seeing growing interest in cloud – in its many variations – for ECM and for cloud-based content applications that automate critical enterprise business processes."
Rohit Ghai, President, EMC Enterprise Content Division
“To understand where we’re going, we have to understand where we came from. EMC has been a leader in the ECM market for the last 25 years, helping our customers transform business by connecting information to work. We understand content, and having a complete content strategy is more critical than ever. Digital enterprises are moving away from monolithic solutions. Unlocking the way people will experience content in the future will depend upon a revolution in how content is accessed, managed and delivered. Project Horizon will help these organizations create a digital workplace, a digital value-chain and operate with a digital mindset regardless of where they are on the journey to Digitalization.”
- Learn more and join Project Horizon
- Learn more about Documentum Capital Projects Express and Documentum Life Solutions Sciences Suite
- Tune in and watch ECD President Rohit Ghai’s Keynote today at 1:30 p.m. PT
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the #mmtm15 conversation on Twitter
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.