May 07, 2013
EMC Announces Data Protection Suite
World’s Largest Backup Provider Delivers Best-of-Breed Backup and Archive “Survival Kit” To Support Evolving IT Landscape
- EMC® unveils its Data Protection Suite, simplifying the acquisition, implementation and use of market-leading EMC backup and archive offerings, while lowering total cost of ownership and providing investment protection for customers.
- The Data Protection Suite enables users to deploy flexible backup and archive configurations that can evolve with changing customer demands.
- As organizations continue to embrace IT-as-a-service models, EMC is delivering an easily consumable approach to architecting trusted data protection infrastructures for service-based environments.
Connect with us at EMC World:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2013 happenings visit www.emcworld.com
- Live streaming: To view video of EMC World keynotes, general sessions, backstage sessions, and EMC TV coverage, visit www.emc.com/emcworld2013, join the Backup and Archive Theater sessions, streamed live: http://bit.ly/ZZi4GW
- Social: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp, joining conversations with #EMCWORLD, like EMC on Facebook , follow EMC backup on Twitter for conference and industry updates: @EMCbackup, like EMCBackup on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EMCbackup
- Photos: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World pictures using ‘EMCWorld’
EMC World 2013—LAS VEGAS - May 07, 2013 -
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced the EMC Data Protection Suite, simplifying the acquisition, implementation and use of market-leading EMC backup and archive offerings, while lowering total cost of ownership and providing investment protection for customers.
The Data Protection Suite is a flexible approach to unlocking the value of EMC backup and archive solutions that can evolve to meet the changing needs of customers. It offers a simplified approach through a flexible licensing model that allows customers to mix and match the usage of individual products to best fit their requirements, while lowering their total cost of ownership and providing investment protection.
With the availability of the Data Protection Suite, EMC aligns its best-of-breed backup and archive solutions to create a “survival kit” that provides flexibility and reduces risk. It delivers a portfolio of data protection services to support virtual and physical environments and tight integration with market-leading EMC purpose built backup appliances. The availability of flexible licensing gives users access to all capabilities, relieving them of the need to size and price individual solution components.
As organizations continue to embrace IT-as-a-service models, it's also essential to embrace a data protection-as-a-service model. The EMC Protection Storage Architecture supports this evolution. This architecture leverages consolidated protection storage as a repository for data; provides integration across the IT environment; and is tied together with consolidated data management as a way to deliver a catalog of data protection services.
The Data Protection Suite provides customers the freedom to purchase based on consumption and deployment models, allowing the migration of their data protection infrastructures to meet evolving backup and recovery, archiving and disaster recovery requirements. It combines the value of solutions such as EMC Avamar®, EMC NetWorker®, EMC Data Domain® BOOST™, EMC Data Protection AdvisorTM and EMC SourceOneTM.
Ed McLain, Director of Cloud Architecture, Solutions Architect,
Managed and Cloud Services
“With EMC’s Data Protection Suite, we have access to the full range of capabilities we need to effectively protect our environment. It is inevitable that our data protection needs will evolve in the future as our IT environment continues to grow and change. The flexibility of this purchasing model makes it easy for us to map our data protection solution to our future needs.”
Robert Amatruda, Research Director for Data Protection and Recovery, IDC
“Customers increasingly want more simplicity and flexibility for their data protection products. EMC's Data Protection Suite provides a simplified, integrated approach to customers, allowing them flexibility, increased value and investment protection.”
EMC Executive Quote
Guy Churchward, President, EMC Backup Recovery Systems Division
“As the world’s largest backup provider, we have to innovate to retain our clients’ patronage. This comes in the form of not just technology but also the consumption model. The EMC Data Protection Suite is an excellent way for customers to harness the benefits of our broad portfolio with a simple, flexible approach without compromise.”
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.