- RSA® Advanced Cyber Defense Services help organizations create proactive strategies for defending their digital assets against a wide range of threats, and provide incident response expertise designed to help customers react aggressively to active attacks and critical incidents.
- Initial services include breach readiness and incident response deployment and discovery engineered to provide organizations with a baseline understanding of their incident response capabilities and assist in recovery from a breach or incident.
- RSA will employ powerful endpoint monitoring technology from recently acquired software company Silicium Security, as part of its incident response services to help customers detect the presence of advanced malware and quickly assess, respond to and remediate potential compromises.
- RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services will leverage RSA’s world-class and widely experienced cyber defense team and broad technology portfolio to create solutions for an organization’s unique environment, security capabilities and risk tolerances.
- Through a new consulting and services partnership, RSA and Booz Allen Hamilton have agreed to jointly develop new information security service offerings designed to help customers architect threat-resistant digital infrastructures as well as additional services that help customers remediate recent or active cyber attacks. (see related joint news release)
BEDFORD, Mass - September 19, 2012 -
With the sophistication of Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) posing new risks to enterprises and governments, RSA, The Security Division of EMC® Corporation (NYSE: EMC), today introduced RSA® Advanced Cyber Defense Services (ACD). The new portfolio of services, including incident response and breach readiness assessment, are designed to rapidly assist an organization during an incident or breach and provide a programmatic path to help enable organizations to proactively prepare for, respond to, and mitigate advanced cyber threats.
According to the Verizon 2012 Data Breach Investigations Report, of the 855 breaches investigated in 2011, 85% took several weeks or more to be discovered and 92% of incidents were first discovered by a third-party. RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services are designed to help businesses prepare for, discover and respond to these threats, with a methodical and repeatable approach that is designed to minimize risk and the business impact of incidents.
Built on RSA’s experience as well as real-world situations, RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services are designed to handle today’s changing security landscape. Using a multi-tier threat-based approach, this portfolio of services focuses on the protection of crucial business assets by applying proven operational strategy to address the lifecycle of a breach from front line cyber breach preparedness to breach remediation and prevention. Combining a flexible threat-based platform, increased visibility and agile controls, businesses can manage threats throughout the enterprise, leverage advanced monitoring and high-speed analytics to achieve a better understanding of their security posture, as well as adjust controls to meet changing threat environments.
Led by a world-class team of experienced cyber-defense professionals, the RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services are designed to employ a combination of proven technology and services. Key components include:
- Breach Readiness – focuses on an organization’s advanced threat preparedness, operational breach response and management capabilities supplemented with a maturity analysis and program design.
- Incident Response & Discovery – built off threat-intelligence research from the RSA NetWitness® platform and utilizing recently acquired endpoint monitoring technology from Silicium Security, RSA takes a holistic approach to incident response comprised of advanced threat discovery, response and remediation across the network and host, tailored to include tactical attack surface enumeration, high-value target identification and exploitation defense measures.
- Cyber-Threat Intelligence – leverages threat intelligence and advanced analytics to create a proactive approach to identifying threat artifacts and anomalies that reside in large volumes of data to determine the root vector, targeting motive and severity of an attack.
- Breach Management – provides workflow automation and the processes and procedures used for a closed-loop incident handling process using the RSA Archer® Threat Management and Incident Management solutions.
- Identity Infrastructure Information (I3) – helps address secure privileged account management, secure communications, information rights/data classification and post-breach active directory remediation and security.
- Next Generation Security Operations Center (SOC) Design & Implementation – utilizes proven tactical implementation methods and leverages RSA SOC practitioners to design, operate, train, and eventually transition operations to an organization.
In addition to offering these new services to large commercial organizations worldwide, RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services will also be provided to organizations in the U.S. Federal Government through RSA’s Federal and Critical Infrastructure Business led by Rear Admiral (Ret.) Mike Brown, former Director , Cybersecurity Coordination and Deputy Assistant Secretary of Cybersecurity at the Dept. of Homeland Security.
RSA Executive Quote:
Peter Tran, Senior Director, RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Practice
“Every business today rests on a digital foundation, and protecting those digital assets has never been more crucial—or more challenging. RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services help customers take a proactive, practical approach to their security posture, from strategy and implementation to operation and analysis. Our methodologies and services are pragmatic, based on real-world experiences with our own business and our visibility into the challenges and adversaries facing our thousands of customers. Our goal is to help ensure our customers are in the best position possible to diminish risks and quickly respond to breaches should they occur.”
Lawrence Pingree, Research Director, Gartner
“With the prevalence and sophistication of advanced threats continually mounting against enterprises, it’s as important as ever for organizations to have a comprehensive readiness strategy. External services can certainly be a critical enabler to help get customers over incident response hurdles, helping customers develop a programmatic and methodical approach to breach preparedness, response and mitigation.”
RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services are now available to customers in North America and Europe. RSA will announce general availability of these services worldwide by the end of 2012.
On Wed., Oct. 3 at 1:00 pm Eastern Time, RSA will host a webcast with the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC) to provide additional detail and answer questions about the features and benefits of the RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services and how enterprises can improve incident response and breach readiness. Please register at: https://fsisac.webex.com/fsisac/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=665080769
- Get more information on RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services
- Listen to RSA’s Peter Tran discuss RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services on the RSA Speaking of Security Podcast
- Find out more about Silicium Security
- RSA-Booz Allen Hamilton Joint Press Release
- Connect with RSA via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and the RSA Speaking of Security Blog and Podcast.
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.