- Winners for the third annual Journey to the Cloud Awards
- Two customers, one partner and an individual have been recognized as demonstrating excellence in driving innovation, performance and creating business value through the use of virtualization
- Evaluated by a distinguished panel of judges, the winners were recognized for:
- Transforming IT by successfully implementing cloud solutions that revolution the IT process and deliver ITaaS to drive efficiency and flexibility
- Transforming business by raising the bar to deliver innovative solutions, product integrations and applications to create business value and agility
- Transformational partnership recognizing a partner that worked alongside EMC to build solutions to accelerate our/a customer’s IT and business transformation
- Transforming yourself recognizing an individual who led the transformation of their IT organization and staff roles to adapt to new skills required for cloud computing and Big Data
- EMC Community Network: To view everything EMC at VMworld, visit https://community.emc.com/go/vmworld
- Twitter: For continuous news and event updates for EMC at VMworld, follow EMC on Twitter at @CloudEMC and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMC and #VMworld
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook
- Flickr: View photos of EMC at VMworld on Flickr and tag your VMworld photos with “EMC and VMworld”
EMC today announced:
Follow EMC at VMworld:
VMworld – San Francisco, CA - August 29, 2012 -
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced the recipients of the third annual EMC® Journey to the Cloud Awards. These prestigious awards recognize two premier customers, a distinguished partner and an exceptional individual who are driving innovation, business value and performance through virtualization as the transformational pillar to their move to cloud computing.
The 2012 EMC Journey to the Cloud Award winners include the University of Florida, Williams & Fudge, Inc., Secure–24, Inc. and Todd Rorie with the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Tennessee.
The 2012 “Journey” awards were evaluated by a panel including DeepStorage.net, Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG), Storage Switzerland, LLC and VMware. The winners were recognized at an appreciation event on Tuesday, August 28 held at The Grand Nightclub in San Francisco, CA.
EMC Executive Quotes:
Jeremy Burton,Executive Vice President of Product Operations & Marketing, EMC
“Businesses and government organizations continue to leverage virtualization as the foundational underpinning on their journey to cloud computing. Along the way, they are completely transforming their IT for radical improvements in efficiency and agility. Those recognized today are the true innovators at the forefront of making this transformation on their journey to the cloud.”
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.