- EMC Delivers Documentum® D2 4.0 for configuring intuitive and personalized user interfaces to the EMC® Documentum® platform
- Documentum® D2 is available on EMC OnDemand in a Hybrid Cloud Deployment Model
- Continues EMC’s commitment to the “New User”
EMC WORLD, LAS VEGAS - May 22, 2012 -
At EMC World 2012, EMC (NYSE:EMC) today announcedthe availability of EMC® Documentum® D2 4.0, a content management application with a modern, configurable and intuitive user experience for the EMC® Documentum® platform. Documentum D2 4.0delivers new features to enhance and personalize the user experience, including configurable widget-based workspaces that increase usability and accommodate user preferences. Documentum D2 is now also available on EMC OnDemand.
Documentum D2 balances the requirements of IT and business users, responding to the mandate for IT to accelerate time to value and increase ROI while delivering a modern and intuitive user experience that users demand.
Documentum D2: Delighting the New User
Key new features of Documentum D2 4.0 include:
- Widget-based Interfaces – this new version provides two types of widgets for modern, personalized control of workspaces: 'functional' widgets for tasks such as browsing the repository, searching for content, managing tasks and previewing content, and gadgets for additional functionality such as Google® maps, calendars, and access to Twitter® and Facebook® accounts. The widgets can be selected and dragged from a gallery to a workspace to provide a flexible, comprehensive and personalized experience.
- Workspaces – these are containers for widgets and gadgets, and provide layout options for different applications, use cases and user preferences. Workspaces may be configured to be made available to certain sets of users for maximum flexibility and control.
- Themes – users can configure custom color schemes to specific workspaces to enhance the overall experience.
Documentum D2: The Power of Configuration for Quicker Time to Value
Documentum D2 focuses on configuration versus coding to significantly decrease the time to create, deploy and maintain a solution, and enable business analysts and systems administrators to make changes to applications without specialized coding. The intuitive interface reduces user training time and increases speed of adoption.
Documentum D2 is available as a client in EMC OnDemand for Documentum. As a managed service, OnDemand enables customers to stay current on the latest software releases, simplify management of highly-complex applications, and lower total cost of ownership. In addition to EMC® Documentum® for enterprise content management, OnDemand also supports EMC® Captiva® for enterprise capture and EMC® Document Sciences® for customer communications management.
Documentum D2 is also at the core of the Documentum® Life Sciences solutions, also announced today.
Rohit Ghai, Vice President, Products, Information Intelligence Group at EMC
"EMC is pleased to deliver this next release of Documentum D2. Companies struggle with balancing the user demand for ease and productivity with IT's push for agility, security and governance. We are the only vendor to accommodate both of these needs with Documentum D2. In extending Documentum D2 to the cloud via EMC OnDemand, we further enable our customers to focus on delivering business value without the burden of managing complex IT infrastructure."
The Information Intelligence Group division of EMC is focused on four key strategic priorities for customer success – delighting the "New User" of the Post-PC era with a compelling, fast and modern user experience across a variety of end-point devices; accelerating our customers' journey to the cloud; delivering pervasive governance to protect information wherever it exists, and helping our customers transform their business with high value solutions. Documentum D2 supports delighting the "New User."
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.