- May 21, 2012 -
The OutCast Agency
- EMC Isilon is extending its leadership in scale-out NAS solutions by announcing the new Isilon X400 and NL400 storage nodes.
- The X400 features 90% more throughput than the previous generation value platform and 20 times more throughput than traditional NAS single volume throughput.
- Updates to the X400 and NL400 will provide enterprises with highly scalable (over 15 PB in a single cluster), highly efficient (over 80% storage utilization) and highly flexible storage systems that help enterprises reduce costs and meet their growing large-scale enterprise IT storage needs.
- When coupled with EMC Isilon's OneFS operating system, this powerful combination allows enterprises to optimally balance the capacity, performance and economics of storage infrastructure resources.
- The new EMC Isilon X400 strikes the right balance between large capacity and high-performance storage. With over 15 PB in a single cluster and performance that is 45% greater than previous X-series models, it is ideally suited for enterprise customers looking to support high throughput and high concurrency applications in a Big Data environment.
- The new EMC Isilon NL400 delivers storage efficiency to over 80% utilization. Combined with high density and massive capacity capabilities of over 15 PB, the platform provides cost-effective, highly scalable nearline storage.
- Data that is frequently accessed or used with business-critical applications are suited for the X400 while older, less-frequently accessed data can be stored on the more economical NL400.
- The powerful mix of the X400 and NL400, combined with EMC Isilon's OneFS operating system, provides enterprises with the ability to optimize the storage infrastructure with an automated tiered storage approach that balances performance requirements with economy.
- When used with EMC Isilon software capabilities such as FlexProtect and SmartPools, storage solutions built with the X400 and NL400 are designed to deliver the highest availability and efficiency. As a result, with EMC Isilon, enterprises can optimize their infrastructure investments by automatically aligning performance and protection to the value of their big data assets.
Both X400 and NL400 are available for customers immediately.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com
Isilon, a division of EMC, is the global leader in scale-out NAS. We deliver powerful yet simple solutions for enterprises that want to manage their data, not their storage. Isilon's products are simple to install, manage and scale, at any size. And, unlike traditional enterprise storage, Isilon stays simple no matter how much storage is added, how much performance is required or how business needs change in the future. We're challenging enterprises to think differently about their storage, because when they do, they'll recognize there's a better, simpler way. Learn what we mean at http://www.isilon.com .
This release contains “forward-looking statements” as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.