May 21, 2012
Accelerate Backup Transformation with New EMC Data Domain Software
New Data Domain software provides tighter integration, compliance support and ensured data integrity
- Expanded EMC Data Domain Boost ecosystem provides faster, more efficient backup for databases and virtual environments.
- New EMC Data Domain Retention Lock Compliance edition enables the industry's first inline deduplication solution for backup and archive data that meets SEC 17a-4 compliance.
- EMC Data Domain Data Invulnerability Architecture enhancements minimize the need to restart backup jobs.
- New EMC Data Domain Extended Retention software option enables tape elimination for long-term backup retention.
EMC World 2012, LAS VEGAS - May 21, 2012 -
- Data Domain Boost for Avamar expands support to include DB2, SAP, Sybase as well as Hyper-V environments. Adding to existing support for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, SQL, SharePoint and VMware – enabling the Avamar client to send all these workloads to a Data Domain system
- New Data Domain Retention Lock Compliance edition provides secure data retention for file and email archive data to meet the most stringent compliance requirements worldwide including SEC 17a-4, HIPAA and more.
- Data Domain Data Invulnerability Architecture new inline data verification detects data errors during ingest and corrects them in real-time using original data from memory.
- New Data Domain Extended Retention software enables internal tiering and up to 65 PB of logical capacity for long-term retention or backup data.
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.