- Industry-leading, enterprise-class endpoint protection enhances Iomega network storage products for SMBs and distributed enterprise
- Iomega is the first SMB network storage vendor to run McAfee VirusScan Enterprise natively on network devices
- Customers of the Iomega PX series network storage products do not require additional servers to gain enterprise class endpoint security from McAfee
SAN DIEGO, CA - May 17, 2012 -
Iomega, an EMC® company (NYSE: EMC) and a global leader in data protection, today announced the addition of McAfee VirusScan Enterprise to all Iomega StorCenter PX series network storage products.
The combination of McAfee running natively on the Iomega PX series network storage products represents an industry first: an enterprise-class endpoint protection product running natively on desktop and rackmount network storage products designed specifically for small and medium businesses, remote office/branch office installations, and distributed enterprises.
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux software empowers users of Iomega's PX series with comprehensive threat identification and remediation through McAfee's global network and reach, as well as consistent features (e.g., scanning options) and behavior (e.g. management and reporting) with the rest of McAfee's VirusScan family. Iomega is the only sub-$10K NAS vendor with an enterprise implementation of VSEL. McAfee's VSEL is expected to be included with Iomega StorCenter PX series products beginning in second half of 2012.
"The addition of McAfee VirusScan on Iomega PX series network storage products means SMBs and distributed enterprises have a valuable new protection layer against data corruption and virus attacks – a strong point of differentiation compared to other network storage solutions in the marketplace," said Mike Nikzad, Chief Operating Officer, Iomega Corporation. "Users of Iomega's PX series products will experience the seamless integration of McAfee VirusScan, giving them a greater comfort zone in their IT administration and data protection priorities. McAfee VirusScan is a premium feature for our customers as well as a technology innovation and collaboration of industry leading innovators."
"We are thrilled to combine McAfee's expertise in endpoint protection with Iomega's network storage products that already encompass EMC world class storage capabilities," said Candace Worley, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Endpoint Security, McAfee. "This unique product combination enables businesses to deploy network storage at the very edge of their networks, with the McAfee protection capabilities that they've come to trust and depend upon."
Highlights of VSEL running on Iomega StorCenter PX Series Network Storage Products:
- Always-on, on-access scanning—McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux software provides continuous, on-access anti-malware protection against malware and other threats.
- Heuristic scanning—McAfee scanning technology includes heuristic scanning, which uses behavior-based rules to identify and block new variants of malware without needing to download a signature.
- Archive scanning—While other anti-malware products are fooled by viruses hidden within archived files, the McAfee archive scanning function detects and blocks such threats, providing more complete anti-malware protection.
- Automatic updating—By automating the update process, McAfee ensures that the most current updates are always in place. Updates are done behind the scenes.
- Cross-platform protection—McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux software is designed to meet real-world needs, including heterogeneous system environments. The superior anti-malware protection of McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux software is effective against various types of Windows malware that try to pass through network storage to attached Windows-based systems.
- Remote administration –Using a browser-based secured interface for configuration management and a dashboard for monitoring and reporting. Does not require any additional server administration.
About Iomega StorCenter PX Series Network Storage Products
Designed with world class EMC® enterprise storage technology, Iomega's newest generation of StorCenter PX Server Class Series desktop and rackmount array products incorporates a new version of EMC® LifeLine™ software with advanced computing features as well as utilizing 1TB*, 2TB, 3TB and soon-to-be available 4TB server class SATA drives for higher reliability and continuous operation in critical business functions, such as "always on" video surveillance applications. Storage capacities in the StorCenter PX series range from diskless models up to 48TB.
Availability and Warranty
Iomega plans to provide McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux on all its new shipments of StorCenter PX series network storage products starting in the second half of 2012. The StorCenter PX series products will include a 3-year license for VSEL at no additional charge.
The Iomega® StorCenter™ PX Server Class Series of network storage devices are available worldwide, starting at $699.99. (Pricing is U.S. suggested retail.)
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.