- EMC announces EMC® IT Operations Intelligence 9.0 (ITOI 9.0), which extends the management capabilities and rich information of VMware® vCenter™ Server to deliver a complete and unified view into the entire virtual data center infrastructure.
- As organizations embrace virtualization to transform their data center environments, the ITOI 9.0 solution enables customers to effectively visualize and understand the complex interrelationships among virtual assets, their underpinning physical elements, and the applications and data sources that relate to them.
HOPKINTON, Mass. - February 14, 2012 -
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced version 9.0 of its ITOI solution for effective and efficient management of virtual data centers and cloud environments. ITOI 9.0 extends the management capabilities and rich information of VMware® vCenter™ Server with ITOI 9.0, delivering customers a complete and unified view into the entire virtual data center infrastructure, including the interrelationships that exist among physical and virtual networking, compute and storage elements. By understanding these relationships and rapidly delivering insight distilled from multiple sources into single, customizable view, ITOI 9.0 accelerates identification and resolution of problems that converged operations management teams need to assure delivery and availability of business critical applications and services.
As organizations embrace virtualization to evolve their data center environments, operational tools made for traditional IT environments fall short in their ability to effectively visualize and understand the complex interrelationships among virtual assets, their underpinning physical elements, and the applications and data sources that relate to them. This often creates "blind spots" that force IT operations teams to manually aggregate bits and pieces of data from multiple sources in an attempt to identify, understand and resolve issues in a virtualized data center. As IT infrastructures become inherently more complex, inefficient operations, inappropriate management tools, or both can affect the availability of infrastructure applications and services, which ultimately can impact the business.
The capabilities of ITOI 9.0 significantly extend and enhance an IT operations management team's vision and insight into the virtualized data center and cloud environments, simplifying their management and transforming the operator experience. ITOI 9.0 leverages the advanced functionality and capabilities of EMC's Service Assurance Manager, IP Availability Manager, Server Manager, and MPLS Manager to create a powerful and unified management solution.
- Detailed operational management insight into VMware environments, including cross-domain availability and impact analysis for all VMware-attached storage, and full impact analysis to the virtual machine level.
- Full visibility into the connectivity and relationships among simple and distributed virtual switches and networks from VMware and Cisco®, as well as the ability to understand how problems in virtual switches and virtual networks impact virtual machines and virtualized applications.
- Enhanced management display visualizations that provide cross-domain notification detail and dashboard-like visibility using a new browser-based console with mash-up capabilities.
- Enhanced availability management for virtualized applications, including composite applications.
- Framework for managing Metro Ethernet-based service availability and discovering Metro Ethernet topologies.
Scott Bollig, Executive Director, Information Technology, Verizon
"At Verizon, the importance of assuring our services are readily available to our enterprise customers cannot be understated. We participated in the IT Operations Intelligence 9.0 beta program from its inception, and saw marked value and time savings in the new release. This version delivers additional virtual data center management capabilities that improve our ability to deliver essential communication services to Verizon customers for their critical business services. Participation in the beta program sets the stage for Verizon to adopt ITOI 9.0 in the near future."
Ramin Sayar, vice president and general manager, Virtualization & Cloud Management Group, VMware
"Today's dynamic data center requires a fundamentally new approach to management, and the combination of EMC and VMware's IT management solutions can provide great value for our joint customers. The new capabilities in EMC ITOI 9.0, together with the VMware® vCenter™ Operations Management Suite and vFabric™ Application Management Suite, can provide a powerful combination for IT operations in the cloud era."
Industry Analyst Quote
Jim Frey, Managing Research Director Network Management, Enterprise Management Associates
"Virtualization is pervasive, and operations management tools and technologies must adapt to be able to properly address the infrastructure management challenges that are an outgrowth of virtual environments. This is one of the most urgent issues facing infrastructure managers today in both enterprise and service provider environments. With ITOI 9.0, EMC has added features that eliminate many virtualization "blind spots" and has raised the bar for integrated management systems that are optimized for the virtualized datacenters and converged operations."
EMC Executive Quote
Jay Mastaj, Senior Vice President and General Manager, EMC Infrastructure Management Group
"ITOI 9.0 extends EMC's leadership in the virtual data center management space with unique new capabilities that competitors simply can't match. Any type of transformational IT project requires a thorough understanding of the environment and, with ITOI 9.0, customers can confidently migrate to virtual data center and cloud environments with more predictable and reliable deployments."
- Watch Enterprise Management Associates discuss EMC ITOI 9.0 and managing virtualized and cloud environments
- Watch the ITOI 9.0 demo
- Read an analyst paper about how EMC is integrating physical and virtual infrastructure management
- Read the Server Manager data sheet
- Read the MPLS data sheet
- Read the Service Assurance Manager data sheet
- Read more in Chuck's Blog
- Managed View
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.