September 29, 2011
EMC s Joe Tucci to Keynote Oracle OpenWorld 2011
EMC Conference Sessions and Booth Demos to Showcase How Customers Can Increase Performance and Operational Efficiencies with EMC, Oracle, and Virtualization Technologies
HOPKINTON, Mass. - September 29, 2011 -
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced that EMC Chairman and CEO, Joe Tucci and EMC President and COO of Information Infrastructure Products, Pat Gelsinger, will deliver a keynote at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 on Monday, October 3 at 8:00 a.m. PDT at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. The EMC executives will outline for the more than 45,000 conference attendees how the journey to cloud computing (private clouds, public clouds and, ultimately, hybrid clouds) is transforming IT infrastructure, applications and end-user device layers, ushering in a wave of disruptive change unlike anything the industry has ever experienced. They will also provide insight into some of the ground breaking tools and technologies that are helping to unlock the value of Big Data.
To watch the live streaming video of the EMC keynote address, click here. Follow the @EMCoracle account and join the #oow11 conversation on Twitter.
Key Opportunities to Listen, Learn and Gain Hands on Experience
In addition to the keynote, EMC will lead several conference sessions and technology demonstrations for customers to gain valuable insight on a range of topics, including simple and efficient storage for Oracle and best practices for faster Oracle backups.
- EMC Booth (#901): At the EMC booth, attendees will have the opportunity to discuss best practices, and see demonstrations of technology integrations between EMC, Oracle and VMware, as well as meet with subject matter experts to discuss challenges and opportunities they're experiencing. EMC will illustrate how the company has transitioned its own Oracle production environment, one of the world's largest, to the cloud, dramatically reducing cost and increasing performance. EMC also will showcase how customers can leverage EMC consulting services and capabilities to accelerate their journey to the cloud and turn their IT staff into the next generation of cloud and big data architects. Demonstrations will include the following:
- Maximizing Oracle Database Performance – Experts will demonstrate solutions for migrating an Oracle RAC 11gR2 database from a physical to a virtual environment, on both EMC® Symmetrix® VMAX™ and EMC VNX® storage platforms, to maximize Oracle database performance. Also featured will be the transformational benefits of implementing EMC® FAST VP (fully automated storage tiering for virtual pools) and EMC FAST Cache performance optimization technologies in both physical to virtual environments.
- Simple and Efficient Storage for Oracle – Attendees will explore how to leverage the EMC FAST Suite in mission critical Oracle OLTP environments to dramatically improve performance and drive an overall enhanced TCO value. Attendees will also gain valuable insight into how new features of the EMC VNX platform directly address bandwidth challenges in data warehouse environments.
- Enhanced Oracle Backup and Recovery – Experts will showcase how, using Oracle RMAN incrementally updated backups, full image copies can be created daily at the cost of incremental backups. When paired with an EMC® Data Domain® system, up to several month’s worth of full backups can be cost- effectively kept online for quick restores.
- Oracle Data Warehouse Optimization – Optimizing large Oracle data warehouses and analytical environments has unique challenges associated with addressing host and I/O scalability. Experts will demonstrate the design of a heterogeneous hub and spoke analytical environment with Oracle Database and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and how to leverage EMC Greenplum Hadoop appliance to analyze both structured and unstructured data.
- Five EMC Conference Sessions: EMC Solutions experts and engineers will host five conference sessions to review detailed case studies and documented EMC Proven™ Solutions to help attendees increase performance and operational efficiencies and control costs within their storage and Oracle application environments – ranging in scope from testing, development and production to online transactional processing (OLTP) and data warehouse systems. These sessions will provide proven guidance on real-world physical and virtual deployments that include EMC storage, backup and recovery, database management, data warehousing, de-duplication and archiving technologies and the benefits customers can experience such as 3X more performance and 80% faster Oracle provisioning, 9X faster data analytics, and up to 30X reduction in backup recovery infrastructure. To see the full list of sessions and time and location for each click here.
- Angelic Gibson, Director of IT Operations for American Tire Distributors
"EMC has enabled American Tire Distributors to scale our Oracle environment, add more power on-demand with no downtime and without any impact to our users. We've experienced 100% availability since moving to EMC VNX unified storage, while new Oracle applications can now be deployed for growth in just minutes without downtime. Through the use of VMware server virtualization we have the ability bring up new application tiers for Oracle eBusiness Suite in less than 20 minutes, without application downtime. By virtualizing Oracle, we've been able to provision only the amount of hardware that we need to run production so we don't over-allocate, reducing the number of physical servers from 79 to just nine, reducing cost. We've also achieved 2X faster backups and 9X faster restores of our Oracle Database environment and reduced backup storage using EMC Data Domain."
Click here to learn more about how through virtualization, American Tire has improved the efficiency and cost savings of its server hardware infrastructure while increasing the cost efficiency of its Oracle software license investment.
EMC Executive Quote
- Jeremy Burton, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, EMC
"EMC and Oracle have partnered closely for 16 years and share more than 70,000 joint customers worldwide. EMC's mission is to lead customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect, and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted, and cost-efficient way. EMC is showing customers that virtualizing mission critical applications such as Oracle can deliver impressive benefits in performance and cost savings."
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.