HOPKINTON, MA - March 08, 2011 -
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced EMC® VNXe® and VNX® unified storage solutions (introduced in January 2011) are now available and shipping worldwide. The systems are available from both EMC and a wide range of distributors and resellers.
- EMC announced worldwide general availability of the EMC VNXe series targeting small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) and offered primarily through EMC partners; and the EMC VNX series, which consolidate the leading features and functionality of the award-winning EMC CLARiiON® and EMC Celerra® systems into a single, powerful family of unified storage arrays that scale to datacenter-class solutions.
- The VNXe series is breaking records as the world's simplest unified storage system, providing the ability to deploy — in just a few clicks — storage for hundreds of Exchange mailboxes or VMware data stores. The VNXe series, designed for the IT generalist with limited storage experience, offers an entry price of under $10,000 (USD).
- The VNX series is breaking records as the fastest and most efficient midrange storage system on the market. According to a recent benchmark performance test (SPECsfs2008_nfs.v3) VNX Series is 49% faster than an HP system (BL860c i2 4-node HA-NFS Cluster)1, 23% faster than an IBM system (IBM Scale Out Network Attached Storage 16-node cluster, Version 1.2)2, and 160% faster than the NetApp FAS 6240 Series system 3.
- In related news, the new EMC 25 % Storage Efficiency Guarantee enables VNX series customers to now purchase 25% less raw capacity than products from any other unified storage solution while benefiting from the same amount of useable capacity.
What Partners Are Saying
"Our customers want storage that is simple, reliable and able to seamlessly integrate with the applications they use to run their business. EMC has hit a home run with the VNX family, making it easy for customers to deploy. They've made the investment to help us make VNX the foundation of our comprehensive solutions with some of the most extensive training we've seen," said Daniel Serpico, President of FusionStorm.
"EMC's VNX and VNXe have enabled ICI to expand its reach into midrange and SMB markets. To keep up with the accelerated demand that ICI is already seeing with the VNXe in the SMB space, ICI is adding more members to its SMB focused team. EMC has also made it easier than ever for partners to complete product training in no time at all," said Jamie Shepard, EVP, Technology Solutions at International Computerware, Inc. (ICI).
VNXe Series Product Highlights
- Powerful application-based provisioning wizards for breakthrough simplicity, including support for Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Compact 2U and 3U packaging fits almost any environment.
- Built-in support for file-based (CIFS, NFS) and block-based (iSCSI) storage.
- No single-point-of-failure design.
- Built-in data protection, including replication.
- Advanced efficiency features including thin provisioning, file deduplication and compression.
- Integrated self-help and support infrastructure automates and speeds problem resolution.
- Advanced 6Gbps SAS and Nearline SAS drive support.
- Scalable up to 120 disk drives (240 TB).
VNX Series Product Highlights
- Combines the market-leading capabilities of EMC CLARiiON and EMC Celerra into a single, unified platform—with 3-times the performance of previous generations.
- Based on Intel Xeon 5600 multicore processor technology to maximize solution throughput and bandwidth.
- Industry's most advanced automated storage tiering (FAST VP).
- Only storage solution offering both automated file and block sub-LUN tiering using FAST VP and powerful, extendable system cache with FAST Cache.
- Supports 6Gbps SAS, Nearline SAS, and SSD drive types.
- Scales up-to 2 PB per system (1000 drives).
- Support for multiple protocols and data-types including: FC, iSCSI, FCoE, NFS, CIFS, SOAP, REST.
- Integrated data protection, security and compliance.
The general availability of the VNX family of unified storage systems coincides with the new EMC 25% more efficient storage guarantee, highlighting the simplicity, efficiency and power of EMC's unified storage offerings.
The general availability of VNX and VNXe complete a recent string of record breaking unified storage news coming from EMC, which maintained its standing as the top provider of external disk storage systems for the 14th consecutive year in factory revenue, according to the latest IDC Worldwide Quarterly Disk Storage Systems Tracker, March 2011 (see related announcement). Additionally, in February EMC shattered benchmark performance records with a Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation benchmark (see SPECsfs2008_nfs.v3).
"When EMC unveiled the new VNX family, we made a very public and worldwide commitment to our customers — and channel partners — that we had developed and would deliver the industry's most simple, efficient, powerful and affordable unified storage solution in the market. Since then, we've spoken with thousands of customers and partners and enthusiasm, interest and demand for the VNXe and VNX have been excellent. We're looking forward to helping customers take advantage of the many features of our unified solutions to more easily and more effectively manage their information," said Rich Napolitano, President, Unified Storage Division at EMC Corporation.
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.