March 25, 2010
EMC Named Official Physical Security Solutions Provider of Digital Surveillance for 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games
EMC Corporation, the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, today announced it is the official physical security provider of digital surveillance for the upcoming 2010 Alltech Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) World Equestrian G...
LAS VEGAS, NV – ISC West Conference - March 25, 2010 -
EMC Corporation, the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, today announced it is the official physical security provider of digital surveillance for the upcoming 2010 Alltech Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) World Equestrian Games, taking place September 25 – October 10, 2010 in Lexington, Kentucky. Working with leading technology providers in the physical security and surveillance markets – including Arecont Vision, Orion Systems Group, Theia Technologies and Verint Systems – EMC will provide video surveillance for the more than a half million attendees and participants of this world class sporting event.
Facts on World Equestrian Games
- As the largest event for equine athletics in the United States, the World Equestrian Games gathers the best 60 countries to compete in eight equestrian sports over a two week period. The Games are held every four years, two years prior to the Olympic Games, and are governed by the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI). Due to the significant size and scope of this world championship event, security of equine and human athletes and patrons is a top priority.
EMC Physical Security Solution for World Equestrian Games
- EMC’s Physical Security Solutions integrate physical security and surveillance information from a wide range of data sources and help automate the analysis and management of the information. Customers in retail, financial services, gaming, transportation, seaports/airports, correctional facilities, government, education, critical infrastructure and border control use EMC’s best-practices solutions for real-time access to critical information, enabling them to proactively protect critical assets.
- As the official physical security solutions provider of the 2010 World Equestrian Games, EMC will manage video surveillance information; provide security for hardware, software, and information created, used, stored and archived at the event; and conduct physical security training and provide on-site staffing in the physical security control center during the event. EMC will work with top camera, lense, video and technology integration vendors to complete the solution across the 1,200-acre Kentucky Horse Park campus covering the World Equestrian Games – including Arecont Vision megapixel cameras; Theia Technologies advanced lenses; Verint Systems video management software; and Orion Systems Group integration and installation services.
- Dick O’Leary, Senior Director of EMC’s Global Solutions, said, “As the second largest sporting event to take place in North America other than the Olympics, we are excited to be the official physical security solutions provider of digital surveillance for the World Equestrian Games. The sheer size and scope of the event highlight the need for organizations to quickly analyze and respond to the vast amounts of captured security data. Working with Arecont Vision, Orion, Theia and Verint, we will provide the World Equestrian Games with the most comprehensive security solution across a wide campus so their security experts can make better and quicker decisions to ensure the safety and protection of all spectators and participants.”
Supporting Quotes from World Equestrian Games and Security Consultant
- Jamie Link, World Games 2010 Foundation CEO, said, “The contribution EMC is making towards the 2010 Games will not only make the Games safe and successful for all visitors, but also has potential to enhance the Kentucky Horse Park as a world-class facility.”
- Kevin Tyo, Principal of ESCO Security Consulting, the primary security consultant of the World Equestrian Games, said, “As a full service security system company that supports a number of high-profile sporting events, we look to those vendors who help us provide the highest surveillance functionality. With the World Equestrian Games, we are excited to work with EMC in driving the technology portion of our multi-zone visual monitoring system. The combination of EMC and its best-of-breed partners gives us the highest quality physical security solution available in the market for this global sporting event.”
EMC Physical Security Solution Partner Quotes
- “We are excited to be participating, as an official sponsor, in a sporting event with such incredible popularity worldwide,” said Raul Calderon, Vice President, Marketing, Arecont Vision. “An event of this magnitude, with high profile guests and participants, requires a premier level of equipment for its security solutions. Arecont Vision, having pioneered megapixel camera technology will be deploying our latest suite of products for the duration of the event. Combined with the offerings of our fellow physical security solutions providers, the World Equestrian Games will be one of the most technologically advanced security deployments worldwide.”
- “Orion Systems Group is pleased to be part of the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games Security Solutions Team. Our team will be showcasing the latest advancements in technology with Arecont Vision’s megapixel cameras, Theia’s ultra wide megapixel lenses, EMC storage, and Verint’s enterprise surveillance software on an international stage,” said Paul Garver, President, Orion Systems Group. “The venue for the World Equestrian Games is over 1,200 acres and presents numerous design and deployment challenges that will allow Orion Systems Group to highlight the best practices and technologies that must be leveraged to successfully deploy and operate an enterprise class surveillance system across a large geographic area with little or no existing network infrastructure.”
- “Theia is proud to team with industry leaders EMC Physical Security, Arecont Vision, Verint, and Orion, to be a part of the video surveillance solution for the World Equestrian Games,” says Jeff Gohman, President and co-founder of Theia Technologies. “Theia lenses, in conjunction with the other sponsors’ world class video surveillance products and services, will provide the immediate, undistorted, clear images needed to ensure the security of World Equestrian Games participants and spectators.”
- “Verint is pleased to partner with EMC, as well as Arecont Vision, Orion and Theia Technologies at the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games,” said Elan Moriah, President, Verint Video Intelligence Solutions and Verint Witness Actionable Solutions. “We're honored to take part in this historic event, leveraging our world-class networked IP video solutions to enhance awareness and the security of athletes and attendees.”
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.