HOPKINTON, Mass. - December 03, 2009 -
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, is the first employer ever to be selected as a Finalist for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts' (BCBSMA) annual Healthcare Excellence Award. In its third year running, the Healthcare Excellence Award recognizes exceptional achievement in improving the safety and effectiveness of healthcare in Massachusetts. BCBSMA selected EMC for its employee health management program titled, "Driving Partnership in Health," which focuses on providing EMC employees with innovative benefits, resources and programs to improve and more effectively manage their health.
"Taking an active role to help our employees oversee their health and well being is of utmost importance to EMC," said Jack Mollen, EMC's Executive Vice President of Human Resources. "To be the first employer nominated for the BCBSMA Healthcare Excellence Award is a tremendous honor and a testament to EMC's dedication to provide for the overall health of our workforce. It validates our vision and steadfast commitment to help our employees and their family members live healthier lives."
"EMC, the first employer to be recognized as a finalist, was selected from a competitive group of healthcare delivery organizations and employer applicants," said Deb Devaux, Executive Director of Community Transformation for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. "Initiatives like EMC's health management program that engage employees and their families in learning how individual behaviors, choices and attitudes influence their health are integral to helping to transform the healthcare system."
EMC's "Driving Partnership in Health" program takes an innovative approach to creating and maintaining a healthy workplace in which employees can develop healthy lifestyles and successfully integrate work and family. The company offers a broad portfolio of high-tech and high-touch resources, tools and programs for employees that include the following:
- Personal Health Records (PHRs) – available to EMC employees and their immediate family members since 2001. EMC's PHRs allow employees and their family members to take a holistic and portable approach to their health virtually 24 hours a day/seven days a week, and include features such as health alerts and reminders, provider-access, lab results and drug compare tools.
- Health Risk Assessments (HRAs) – an online health assesment tool that provides valuable insight and information about overall health and potential health risk factors.
- HealthLink – a personalized health portal powered by WebMD, which provides EMC employees access to personalized health information based on health history data, their HRAs and personal health record, as well as tools to take an active role in managing and improving their health.
- Regular on-site workshops, online education and resources – personalized to help employees achieve health goals and manage chronic conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes.
- SmartBeat – a web-based hypertension wellness program offered by the Center for Connected Health, a division of Partners Healthcare, which has participants use a wireless blood pressure cuff and communicator and Internet-based feedback system to self manage their high blood pressure.
Since launching its "Driving Partnership in Health" strategy in 2002, EMC has experienced improvements in the health of its employees and decreases in overall healthcare costs for both the company and its employees.
A competitive group of healthcare delivery organizations and employers throughout Massachusetts submitted nominations for the Healthcare Excellence Award. The selection committee, comprised of local and national leaders in health care delivery, business, and quality and safety, reviewed the applications and chose the finalists and winner. To learn more about the award, details can be found here.
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.