- October 19, 2009 -
Liza S. Goldberg
LAS VEGAS, SharePoint Conference, EMC Booth #109 – Oct. 19, 2009 –EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, today announced new solutions that enable customers to further leverage and extend their Microsoft SharePoint Server deployments. The new solutions are the result of continued joint investment and close collaboration between EMC and Microsoft as part of the two companies’ commitment to broader and deeper product interoperability in the area of enterprise content management (ECM).EMC Solutions for SharePoint Products and Technologies
- EMC Documentum Repository Services for SharePoint bridges SharePoint Server and Documentum providing a complete solution for content control that meets the unique requirements of combined customers. Leveraging Microsoft’s External BLOB Storage application programming interface, Repository Services for SharePoint can automatically redirect content normally destined for SharePoint Server’s Microsoft SQL Server repository and send it to a Documentum repository for content aggregation and compliance with zero impact on end-users.
- EMC My Documentum for SharePoint provides a suite of Web Parts that can be easily used with any SharePoint Server site. These Web Parts offer seamless, direct user access to content that is being managed within a Documentum Content Server repository through the SharePoint user interface. Customers can easily configure their SharePoint Server experience to expose Documentum-specific functionality provided for virtual documents, lifecycles and renditions as well as leverage advanced search capabilities for Documentum libraries.
- EMC Captiva for SharePoint automatically captures and classifies documents, extracts data and exports the content into SharePoint Server. By converting information in paper documents into intelligent content that is instantly searchable and accessible throughout the enterprise, companies can drive more efficient business processes for their SharePoint applications as well as substantially reduce paper–handling and storage costs.
- EMC SourceOne eDiscovery for SharePoint provides direct management of SharePoint repositories to conduct legal discovery searches, execute legal holds within the repository and deliver robust repository analysis and review capabilities. This solution, obtained through EMC’s acquisition of Kazeon, provides a “single pane of glass” view so that customers can quickly and easily index an entire SharePoint Server repository all at once or execute a targeted index and collection by site, sub-site, document library or folder. With its powerful concept and keyword search capabilities, irrelevant information can be quickly filtered to save processing time allowing organizations to collect, analyze and review documents pertinent to a specific case or investigation.
In addition, EMC Consulting provides a complete portfolio of strategic consultation, planning, delivery, and support services across the entire lifecycle of SharePoint Server initiatives. Specializing in user experience design, application development, business intelligence, workflow automation, integration, and technical infrastructure, EMC consultants help clients maximize productivity, value and success of SharePoint Server solutions.EMC Executive Quote
“EMC and Microsoft remain committed to providing solutions that tightly link SharePoint and Documentum to improve how knowledge workers utilize information wherever the content resides. With our solutions for SharePoint, EMC delivers the best of the SharePoint experience while integrating it with Documentum’s ECM technologies.”
“EMC also continues to be involved in Microsoft’s Office/SharePoint Technical Adoption Program (TAP), giving us advanced knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and its capabilities. We’re excited about the possibilities surrounding the new and innovative aspects of SharePoint 2010 and we look forward to working closely with Microsoft to develop solutions that adds value to our shared customers.”
– Whitney Tidmarsh, Chief Marketing Officer, Content Management and Archiving Division, EMCMicrosoft Partner Quote
“Microsoft and EMC extended our strategic alliance in March of this year and since that time, the SharePoint and Documentum product teams have been working closely together to ensure that the most seamless integrations are delivered to our joint customers. These new integrations from EMC deliver a seamless experience for the SharePoint user allowing organizations to further harness the capabilities of Documentum and SharePoint that are relevant to both knowledge workers and IT.”
– Jeff Teper, Corporate Vice President for SharePoint, MicrosoftMy Documentum for SharePointCaptiva for SharePointWhitney Tidmarsh, Chief Marketing Officer, EMC Content Management and Archiving Division
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world’s leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC’s products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Documentum and Captiva are registered trademarks of EMC Corporation. EMC SourceOne is a trademark of EMC Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.