Bedford, Massachusetts - June 17, 2008 -
- New RSA® File Security Manager(FSM) Features Designed To Secure Sensitive Data In File Systems
- Solution is part of the RSA Data Security System, a Set of Integrated Products and Services Designed Around a Holistic Approach for Securing Data
Bedford, Massachusetts - June 17, 2008
RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC), today unveiled new capabilities in the RSA® Data Security System’s encryption and key management suite which are designed to secure sensitive data in file systems. The RSA File Security Manager is a turnkey offering focused on transparent encryption and access control of sensitive data in files and folders on Windows® operating systems and Linux® servers.
“The RSA Data Security System helps organizations secure sensitive information by providing centralized policy management that is business risk driven," said Dennis Hoffman, Vice President and General Manager, Data Security Group and Chief Strategy Officer, RSA, The Security Division of EMC. "RSA File Security Manager is a key element of the Data Security System since it provides the enforcement controls needed to control access to the sensitive data stored in unstructured formats. RSA File Security Manager can be deployed on its own or utilized with other RSA solutions that form part of the Data Security System, such as the Data Loss Protection Suite and RSA Key Manager®.”
“Organizations are getting serious about protecting data and information, especially the ever growing amount of unstructured content (e.g. emails, videos, audio and text data) that has become the majority of all data retained by an organization," said Charles Kolodgy, research director at IDC. "To mitigate risks, reduce costs, and manage complexity associated with this data, primarily to meet regulatory compliance mandates, solutions are required that can confidently protect private consumer, employee and partner data generated in a heterogeneous application and platform infrastructure."
About RSA File Security Manager
RSA File Security Manager 2.2 is designed to offer transparent encryption and role based access control for sensitive files and folders on Windows and Linux servers. By providing an extra layer of access control above and beyond what is offered via the operating system, the RSA File Security Manager solution is engineered to enable a “separation of duties” between security and systems administration, as well as restricting full access to files to only authorized users. This ensures that only authorized members of a role will have access to the actual content in the files and folders RSA File Security Manager 2.2 also offers complete transparency to users and applications, meaning that authorized users see no change when they access files and folders, and file server administrators can continue to manage these systems without any changes.
Key enhancements to the offering include:
- Integration with RSA Key Manager technology: This integration offers enterprise key management for multiple encryption solutions at the application, file, and storage layers.
- New platform support: RSA File Security Manager now supports 64 bit Windows and 32 bit Red Hat Linux platforms.
- FIPS 140-2 validated cryptography: RSA File Security Manager uses FIPS certified, strong encryption technology to encrypt files and folders in place on file systems. Encryption can be implemented for select files and folders to help optimize organizations’ preferred granularity levels for security.
- RSA SecurID® integration: Offers increased security with strong authentication of security officers - helping to meet regulatory requirements for strong two- factor authentication based access control.
- Audit only mode: RSA File Security Manager can be deployed in audit only mode to determine who is accessing sensitive content prior to turning on encryption and role-based access controls.
“RSA File Security Manager helps organizations comply with everything from payment card industry (PCI) directives to regulations such as Sarbanes Oxley or the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA). It also helps organizations mitigate risk from the exposure of highly sensitive non-regulatory data such as intellectual property. The product’s ‘least privilege’ access policy enables a customer to ensure that only people with a ‘need to know or need to access’ are ever able to view the sensitive data in the clear,” said Hoffman. “This technology, along with the rest of the RSA Data Security System, helps organizations tackle the deployment of data protection solutions more efficiently and holistically.”
RSAData Security System
RSA File Security Manager is an integral part of the RSA Data Security System. The Data Security System is designed to enable customers to discover and monitor sensitive information; enforce controls, such as encryption and key management and data loss prevention; and report and audit to prove that sensitive data is secure.
RSA File Security Manager is available for purchase today. More information is available at http://www.rsa.com/node.aspx?id=3228.
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.