San Diego, - May 25, 2004 - LEGATO Software, a division of EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), today announced software support for Microsoft's Windows Storage Server 2003 feature pack at the Microsoft TechEd event. By offering support to the new feature pack, joint customers can receive higher-performing and more cost efficient information management solutions for backup/recovery, data replication, and application availability and monitoring. In addition, LEGATO Software will participate in a number of activities at the TechEd event, taking place May 23-28, 2004.
With the release of the Windows Storage Server 2003 feature pack, Microsoft® Exchange Server 2003 databases can now be safely consolidated to Windows Storage Server devices, making it possible to combine file/print and Exchange data onto well-managed, reliable servers.
Consolidating an Exchange data store on network attached storage (NAS) creates a reliable, robust platform that combines all of the ease-of-use advantages of Windows Storage Server 2003. When combined with LEGATO RepliStor and NetWorker, Exchange users can take advantage of the advanced data replication and application availability capabilities helping to recover and restart fast in the event of an outage.
"Microsoft is pleased to be working with LEGATO to offer Small-to-Medium-sized Businesses, Enterprise IT departments and branch offices a reliable and affordable solution with Windows Storage Server 2003 with support for Exchange Server 2003," said Yuval Neeman, corporate vice president, Storage and Platform Solutions at Microsoft Corp. "Storage Server seamlessly integrates with Exchange deployments to enable businesses to reduce costs and achieve operational efficiency, one way that Microsoft is delivering on the concept of Integrated Innovation."
"LEGATO Software's support of the Windows Storage Server 2003 Feature Pack further demonstrates its commitment to the Microsoft Windows Platform," said Victoria Grey, vice president, Business Continuance Group, LEGATO Software. "Customers require data protection solutions that create peace of mind in operational efficiency and overall cost. To that point, LEGATO is working with Microsoft and EMC to provide customers with an end to end data protection solution for Branch Office Data Consolidation, featuring LEGATO RepliStor and NetWorker. This combination of technologies simplifies the data protection and recovery process, increasing reliability and reducing overall cost for our joint customers."
In addition to demonstrating branch office data consolidation and email records management solutions in booth # 909, LEGATO Software will participate in the following Microsoft TechEd items:
- Speaking Session: Managing E-mail as a Record of Business with the Power of Exchange 2003.
- Date : Thursday, May 27, 2004
- Location : Microsoft Exchange Cabana 11
- Details : In this session, LEGATO Software reviews best practices for ensuring effective and efficient access to business records that withstand legal and regulatory scrutiny. It also covers the many features of Exchange 2003 that help organizations manage their e-mail as a record of business.
- Speaking Session: Ensuring Business Continuity and Data Protection with Windows 2003
- Date : May 28, 2004; 2:45 4:00 p.m.
- Location : Room 20A
- Details : LEGATO Software will discuss how a new paradigm of replicating data from branch offices to a central site increases the quality of the data protection, reduces the time of recovery for branches, and reduces the cost to protect data from branch offices.
- Exhibiting in the Microsoft Partner Pavilion, booth #SP8, promoting LEGATO Software's solutions for the Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003 feature pack.
- Exhibiting at parent company EMC in booth #709, promoting LEGATO Software's branch office data replication solutions RepliStor and NetWorker working with EMC's NetWin NAS device.
About LEGATO Software
LEGATO Software, a division of EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), is a global provider of open, enterprise-class software solutions and services for Information Management - helping organizations simplify management and control of information, and enable business continuity and compliance at the lowest TCO. LEGATO Software's information protection, automated availability and messaging management solutions are delivered through a worldwide network of strategic partnerships and alliances, as well as a direct sales force. The division's headquarters are located at 2350 West El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040; (650) 210-7000; fax: (650) 210-7032; Web site: www.legato.com
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.