Gender Talent Pipeline and Professional Development
Helping attract, retain and grow our people
We are committed to creating a diverse workforce. Our goal is to ensure that Dell is a compelling destination where team members feel valued, engaged and inspired to do their best work. The result will be a workforce reflective of our customers and communities where the world’s greatest talent delivers breakthrough performance.
Dell Career Restart
Dell has joined the STEM Re-Entry Task Force, a group of companies like GM, Intel, Cummins, IBM, and Johnson Controls. Together, we are committed to building STEM re-entry programs. The Re-Entry Task Force is hosted by iRelaunch & the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Dell Career Restart is a sustainable re-entry program focused on bringing educated and successful professional women (from STEM and non-STEM backgrounds) back into the workforce. Our executive speakers and mentors aim to inspire these women to re-assimilate into the industry. We also offer skills training and goal setting to help these women achieve their best.
STEM is a strategic initiative at Dell that reflects our commitment to building a pipeline of women and young girls who are interested in pursuing a career in STEM.
Technology companies’ future success depends on a robust and diverse talent pipeline. That’s why we also offer re-entry into the workplace, support and opportunities for those who put their careers on hold.
Partnerships and events
Dell Technologies sponsors and takes part in a broad program of events and partnerships around the world. These partnerships help to advance our gender empowerment agenda. Recent events we’ve participated in include:
- Texas Conference for Women (Austin)
- Global Advancement of Women (Singapore)
- ABI Women in Tech (India)
- Massachusetts Conference for Women (Massachusetts)
- Watermark Conference for Women (California)
- Black Enterprise – Women of Power (Florida)
- Connecting Women in Technology Everywoman – Advancing Women in Tech (U.K.)
- Women4Tech Summit (Spain)
- Digital Muse Girl Tech Fest (Germany)
- WITI Summit (California)
- Voces Vitales Annual Summit (Argentina)
- ABI / Grace Hopper Women in Tech (Texas)
- Diversity Women’s Business Leadership Conference
- Working Mother: Global Advancement of Women
- AmCham Annual Women of Influence
- Texas Conference for Women (Texas)
- WEConnect International in China Marketplace (China)
Women's Leadership Programs
Leading Women @ Dell is a program designed to meet the specific needs of women with C-Suite aspirations. Developed in collaboration with the Simmons School of Management, participants receive executive coaching that helps them to better actualize their career paths. The program is offered to high performing, high potential, senior level and executive women, twice a year.
The Managing Success Now program is focused on high performing, mid-career women. It equips them with the skills to understand difference, negotiate and propel their careers forward. Managers put forward high performing mid-career women they think would thrive through the program.